Evidence Action’s mission is to fill the gap between what is effective in global health and development and what is implemented at scale. One of our flagship programs is the Deworm the World Initiative, which envisions a world where all at-risk children have improved health, increased access to education and better livelihoods potential as a result of being free of intestinal worms.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Manager, Finance
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Finance and Operations
Direct reports: Senior Accountants
- Are you are passionate about data and evidence? Do you want to ensure your talents and skills are directly applied to programs that generate meaningful and long-lasting impact? Then Evidence Action is the place for you.
- To perform general accounting and financial reporting duties for Evidence Action
Duties and Responsibilities
Team Management – 20% of role:
- Provide leadership, management, and guidance to the Nigeria’s Finance team
- Will regularly communicate with program, country, and regional leads to identify capacity needs and oversee Finance function.
- Responsible for developing/refining and regularly reporting on Key Performance Indicators and Metrics to management concerning the teams’ operations and capacity/gaps.
- Represent Finance team in various program meetings.
Accounting: 60% of role:
- Overall overseer of the Finance activities in Nigeria.
- Oversee accurate maintenance of the accounting system by ensuring accurate entries are done and charged to the correct donor.
- Checking the procurement processes and documentations and ensuring compliance
- Prepare payroll seeking approval by the 22nd of every month and ensure staff are paid by 27th of Every Month and ensure Timesheet Allocation report on staff costs are billed.
- Ensuring all taxes and legal requirements are accurately and timely tracked monthly to ensure compliance.
- Ensuring all other tax related issues and tax related payments are properly tracked and timely submission to legal authorities is done on or before the deadline.
- Review for compliance with donor and organizational policies/guidelines on all payments.
- Provide financial and compliance guideline/refresher training to program staff.
- Review monthly schedules, GL reconciliations and ensure the timely monthly close.
- Asset and inventory management. Ensuring periodic audit and constant updates.
- Present an approved cash forecast/projection for the month by or before the 22nd of every month.
- Support and spearhead the country’s statutory audit exercise.
- Capacity building of Finance and non- Finance staff on compliance in relation to accounting principles and Organizations financial policies.
Budgeting, disbursements and accountability: 20% of role:
- Participate in program meetings and contribute budget implications of proposed implementation decisions.
- Continuous and effective budget tracking Ensuring proper budget utilization, proper cost allocations communication with program team, full accountability of funds.
- Develop financial accountability documents for all budgeted program activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or any other related field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Audit management experience in donor funded programs.
- Professional certification in ACCA or CPA
- 5 years’ relevant work experience
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Higher education (Master’s Degree in relevant field
- Professional Certification
- Management experience (Experience leading a team)
- International Development experience (Experience working for a non-profit).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply