Director General / Chief Executive Officer at the Nigerian Institute for Trypanosomiasis Research (NITR)
Nigerian Institute for Trypanosomiasis Research (NITR) Kaduna is an Institute that has the national mandate to conduct research and development of tools and processes towards the control and eradication of Trypanosomiasis, Ochocerciasis and their respective vectors in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director General / Chief Executive Officer
Conditions for Eligibilities
To apply, a candidate must:
- Possess at least a Ph.D. in a discipline relevant to the research mandate of the Institute.
- Have had extensive relevant research experience as evidenced by at least 25 scientific publications in peer reviewed reputable local and international journals.
- Have obtained his / her First Degree / Higher National Diploma from a recognized Institution and possess at least 20 years post-Graduation cognate experience including service for at least more than four (4) years as a Director(Research), its equivalent or Higher rank (s) position (s).
- Possess considerable experience in the Management of a research organization.
- Declare any previous conviction by a court of competent jurisdiction within or outside the country.
- Be certified medically fit by Government medical officer.
- Possession of higher qualifications, experience and computer literacy will be an additional advantage.
- The successful candidate appointed as the substantive Director General/CEO shall be responsible through the NITR Governing council to the Federal Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation for the attainment of the mandate of the Institute. The tenure of the posts is 5 years not renewable.
Condition of Service
The Condition of service are as provided for Political, Public and Judicial Office Holders (Salaries and Allowances, etc. (Amendment) Bill 2008) and applied to Federal Government Research Institutes which may be modified from time to time by competent federal authorities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 15 copies of printed copies of their Application Letter, current and detailed Curriculum Vitae accompanied with photocopied Credentials giving the following information below:
- Full Names, Date and Place of Birth, State of Origin, Marital Status, Contact Address
- Institutions Attended with Dates, Qualifications Obtained with Dates, Membership of Professional Bodies, Prizes, Distinctions/Awards Obtained.
- Present Employer, Position and Salary, Previous Positions Held with Dates
- List of publications (starting from the most recent) in scientific journals.
- Leisure and spare time activities/hobbies.
- Any other relevant information in support of application.
- Names and addresses of the three referees, one must be from applicant’s institution/Agency who shall be able to testify to the applicant’s academic/profession competence as well as conduct and character also be ready to send their report(s) directly to the Chairman NITR Governing Council within the valid period of submitting applications mentioned below.
Applications should be forwarded to:
NITR Governing Council,
No 1, Surame Road U/Rimi GRA,
Kaduna, PMB 2077,
Attention: Recruitment and Selection Committee
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 11th November, 2022.