Senior Project Manager at Tearfund
Tearfund is a Christian international relief and development agency working globally to end poverty and injustice, and to restore dignity and hope in some of the world’s poorest communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Group: Finance and IT & International Group
Team: Global Systems Programme & Operations and Assurance
Responsible to: International Assurance and Systems Owner
Main Purpose of the Job
- The Project Manager will be responsible for the management of the Tearfund’s Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad) funded project with its partner (Yola Renewal Foundation) on the following Monitoring, Evaluation,
- Accountability & Learning for the Norad project ensuring programme implementation is carried out in line with laid down guidelines and in compliance with Global Process System (GPS) and donor requirements thereby contributing to Tearfund’s impact in Nigeria in regards to releasing people from material and spiritual poverty
- Planning, coordination, implementation and administration of YRF social enterprise activity
- Overall leadership and integral management of the teams: Tearfund and YRF.
- Assure quality of project implementation by ensuring there is adequate coordination of all activities.
- Assist with preparation of budgets in liaison with Financial Manager
- Set priorities and monitor work flows
- Liaise with the Production manager to establish workplace, health and safety procedures and culture within the workplace
- Track outcomes and monitor progress including developing frameworks and collecting and evaluating data.
- Provide monthly reports on progress of program to CEO
- Liaise with the ED to review and develop new strategic plans for YRF.
- Setting up a social enterprise and getting all authorizations required for its implementation.
- Manage the operations of the social enterprise with a view to maximizing sustainability and social purpose, including people management
- Foster team cohesion and engagement within the social enterprise
- Lead the project level budgeting and reporting to ensure appropriate grant making.
- Work with the country and team to effectively lead the implementation, management and learning for the Norad project.
- Responsible for ensuring project financial and narrative reports are turned in on time to donors and other relevant stakeholders while supporting budget and project cycle
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Development, International Relations, or other relevant course
- Evidence of further relevance study and learning – particularly in regards supporting learning, systems thinking, process management and development and measurement.
- Proven experience in project design, management, implementation and evaluation for not less than 5 years.
- Proven experience budgeting and budget management.
- Proven experience in systems management, supporting learning processes, process improvement and effective measurement
- Demonstrate understanding of integral mission and outworking same in the church
- Management of Institutional donor grants
- Development work with Christian and/or International NGO
- Proven experience in effective management of staff
- Appropriate orientation and experience in integra mission
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Potential Interview Date 10th October, 2022.
- All applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs.
- The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding.
- In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure.
- All roles require a DBS/Police check
- Tearfund is a member of the SCHR Misconduct Disclosure Scheme
- Personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure