Six Top Nollywood Stars Who Are Not From The Yoruba Tribe
Yoruba Nollywood industry has a huge number of talented stars, however, it is surprising to see some actors and actresses who are not from the Southwest and have delivered their roles like the indigenous speakers.
In this article, Omadaily highlights six Nollywood stars who have produced, featured in numerous Yoruba movies and are still making waves in the industry, despite they are from other parts of the country than the Southwest.
1. Toyin Abraham: The popular filmmaker and producer, was born on September 5, in Auchi, Edo State but spent her early life in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital in southwestern Nigeria.
Toyin Abraham has produced and featured in numerous movies. She is married to Kolawole Ayjeyemi and their union is blessed with a child.
2. Mercy Aigbe: The Nollywood actress, director and businesswoman, was born on January 1, and she is best known for her Yoruba indigenous movies. The mother of two hails from Edo State, Nigeria.
She is currently married to movie producer, Kazim Adeoti after her previous marriage to Lanre Gentry crashed over alleged infidelity.
3. Faithia Williams: Veteran filmmaker, producer and director, Faithia Williams is popular for her roles in Yoruba movies. She hails from Delta State (Urhobo).
She was previously married to her colleague, Saidi Balogun before the union collapsed.
4. Nkechi Blessing: The controversial actress speaks Yoruba fluently and features in both Yoruba and English movies. She was born and bred in Surulere, Lagos State but hails from Abia State.
Relationship wise, Nkechi has been involved in a series of messy breakups.
5. Kelvin Ikeduba: The popular actor has been stereotyped in the Nigerian movie industry as a ‘Bad Boy’ which is attributed to his appearance and most of the roles he plays.
Kelvin hails from Delta State but was born and brought up in Ebute-Metta, Lagos State. He is married and often keeps his union private.
6. Rykardo Oke Agbor: He features in both Yoruba and English movies. Rykardo was born and bred in Lagos state but hails from Delta State. The actor is married and blessed with two kids.