Senior Sales Engineer at Visa Incorporated
Visa Incorporated operates the world’s largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa’s card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in over 200 countries and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Sales Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- To provide support to the Sales team by providing technical & business knowledge of payment acceptance processes and associated services (including fraud, payment security & 3D-Secure).
- The role will require an ability to work closely with regional Sales teams, internal operations team, product teams to ensure that new clients are integrated successfully.
- Provide deep technical consultancy services to support proof of concept design, programmatic technical expertise around Cybersource SOAP and REST APIs, hosted payment acceptance through XML to tier 0 & 1 clients with respect to implementing and configuring the CyberSource products & services for optimum transaction services.
- The scope of the role pertains to servicing the global markets supporting tier 0 & 1 clients using independent decision making/autonomy for a combination of net new & existing install base clients that use either a single or combination of the CyberSource core products & services including but not limited to: New Gateway implementation/enhancement, Payment Acceptance, Payment Security & Risk Services & Systems Architecture.
- This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- Develop in-depth subject matter expertise knowledge of CyberSource products through research, implementation and testing in order to act as subject matter expert with prospective customers through a series of self-enabled product & services learning through deep technical testing & architecture analysis of services, with additional support where applicable through line manager.
- Maintain accurate & current product & services knowledge through knowledge sharing via global teams & working collaboratively with product teams across CyberSource & Visa through a series of self-enabled product & services technical testing & investigative exercises.
- Develop & maintain a working knowledge of current mainstream eCommerce platform providers including, but not limited to SAP, PrestaShop, WooCommerce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud and Magento, with a view to ensuring clarity around key specifics of features & functions that are supported to allow for application in presales & service delivery situation.
- Support sales engagements in the form of RFPs, technical solution demonstrations, whiteboarding sessions, solution design, requirements identification and solution validation/feasibility during the sales life cycle for commercial value proposition of net new and upsell activities across the CEMEA region.
- Supervision of the project lifecycle for client implementations including Project planning and Estimation, RAID management with detailed reporting activity around all projects phases, timelines & impacts/forecasted P &L impact.
- Accountable and responsible for the successful implementation, deployment and launch of net new clients launching with the Cybersource services that result in net new revenue for strategic enterprise clients.
- Engage, support & work collaboratively with Tier 0 and Tier 1 type clients (Acquirers, Payment Facilitators, Marketplaces) across the card-not-present space within the following verticals: Retail, Travel, Digital, Financial, Telco’s, government & gaming.
- Provide training on the CyberSource products & services to customers either as classroom based or as train the trainer sessions. Produce clear and precise documentation for clients based on business and functional requirements for success deployment of the CyberSource products & service.
- Write & develop small internal computer applications to provide proof-of-concept ideas, to test CyberSource products, and to troubleshoot client issues by providing assistance CyberSource prospects in partnership with the broader Global Sales Engineering and Delivery team and line manager and through application of knowledge and experience through self-enablement.
- Ability to work independently on customer sites with minimal supervision around the CEMEA region.
Key Results Area:
- Service Delivery: successful implementation and support for the tier 0 & 1 merchants integrating leading to successful go live on time & in year resulting in in fiscal year transactional volume and revenue contribution (where feasible based on project complexity).
- Successful support through technical delivery for internal strategic initiatives & beta programmes for the successful launch of new products, services or platforms.
- Successful support to junior members of the Global Sales Engineering and Delivery team in the form of training for the core products & services, support in technical enablement & mock session execution for client simulation exercises.
- Accountable to drive and maintain functional Employee Engagement Survey Action plan objectives, deliverables & milestones for each fiscal year in partnership with direct line manager.
- Successful support and engagement during the sales engagement cycle at a presales level leading to the successful closed win of net new and upsell of services to clients.
- Successful demonstration of current product knowledge through the ability to successfully articulate all the core CyberSource products at a deep technical architecture, operational & configurational level across all relevant CyberSource integration options to the Senior Director and Director level peers cross functionally.
- Reporting to the Vice President, Global Sales Engineering and Delivery –driving the stream for Sales Engineering & Service Delivery through technical excellence.
- Individual contributor working within a global team of Sales Engineers, all working as individual contributors.
- Provide subject matter expertise support for BAU issue resolution activities at project, technical product & commercial levels prior to escalation to Senior Director.
- Key stakeholder interactions will include collaboration with customer support services, managed risk services, sales leadership and account management.
- Autonomy, with suitable (where relevant) management oversight to implement solutions/innovative ideas and to manage service delivery and presales activity on a daily basis at a regional level and where applicable globally through cross functional management.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- Significant demonstrable experience of providing on-going consultancy to Tier 0 & 1 type level merchants over prolonged periods of time across multiple verticals including travel, retails, digital, telco, gaming, government and financial.
- 8 to 10 years’ experience of the eCommerce/Card not present/industry with specific emphasis on payments, risk management & payment security or a similar technology service delivery industry.
- Significant & active experience working as a sales engineer or software engineer in a technical and commercial environment.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of intermediary level of programming & scripting skills (Java, PHP, C++/.NET, HTML etc.) for effective implementation of the CyberSource products & services.
- Substantial experience in communicating technical concepts in a clear and articulate fashion to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong track record in high customer focus and attention to detail
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Fully fluent in mainstream software applications for writing, presentation, data management
- Experience of cross functional collaboration between technical, service delivery, support & commercial facing teams.
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD in computer science, Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent.
- Experience of technical programming for implementation of web service environment across hosted service platforms (Web and Mobile)
- Ability to speak a second language would be preferred (e.g. French)
- Committed to service excellence and added value through exceeding client expectations and anticipating client needs. Works in close partnership with clients to achieve their aims and develop a mutually beneficial working relationship
- Contributes effectively to achievement of organisational vision through teamwork. Adapts communication style to situations and audiences.
- Maintains and promotes open communication channels and sharing information to achieve a common objective. Challenges organisational culture and processes that are barriers to working collaboratively.
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence, understands team dynamics, builds constructive and effective relationships. Effectively resolves conflict between individuals and / or teams.
- Makes a positive impact by executing on commitments to consistently deliver exemplary results. Build support, commitment and respect from others by demonstrating professionalism, integrity and expertise. Considered a valuable source of expertise and knowledge.
- Demonstrates consistent levels of resilience and a willingness to adapt to changing organisational needs while role modelling company values
- Actively transfers learning and insights to others, regardless of whether the role has people management responsibilities
- Explains complex issues in simple terms, aims to create understanding regardless of seniority or audience
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to think laterally and consider organisational strategy
- Able to pioneer new ideas, adapt processes and create new solutions with broader stakeholder support
- Achieves results by driving self and others to achieve results and surpass goals using sound processes that reflect governance discipline and efficiencies. Consistently strives to achieve and improve upon quality standards expected by colleagues and clients. Works across boundaries and in partnership with others to achieve goals.
- Takes full ownership of a task, not deterred by internal issues. Retains composure under pressure, uses an appropriate balance of logic and emotion to resolve issues
- Develops self and others to ensure all are equipped with appropriate skills. Creates an environment of continuous improvement and an environment in which others can excel
- Champions innovative projects and demonstrates commitment to business excellence by consistently executing against deliverables
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.