SSA Trade Structuring Transactor at Citibank Nigeria Limited
Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SSA Trade Structuring Transactor
Job Req ID: 22548912
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Time Type: Full time
Job Family: Trade Structuring
Job Grade: Senior Vice President
Job Category: Product Management and Development
About the Job
- The Trade Structuring Transactor is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business.
- Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness.
- The candidate must have developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers.
- Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables.
- Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- The individual may be assigned a portfolio of specific countries within SSA, but will be called to be involved in transactions across SSA.
- Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business.
- Credit Structuring skills and risk assessment experience within the Trade Finance, Commodities, Asset Distribution, EAF Pillars and Global Deal Review processes.
- Product knowledge of Trade Product set and the critical essential conditions as outlined in the Global Product Programs and Risk Acceptance Criteria
- Understanding product requirements i.e. PAP, operational processes, credit requirements, Treasury costing mechanisms
- Internal alignment with country or regional / product / sale counterparts for execution structured Trade Products
- Ensure governance over sub portfolio, country or sector designated positions to ensure related economics make sense and returns meet hurdles
- Communicate effectively with clients, Credit Agencies and investors to facilitate complex and structured Trade transactions that have multiple credit attributes and/or multiple parties to the transaction
- Conduct market reads for specific deals and markets where necessary
- Maintain the execution of Trades “originate-to-distribute model” and maintain liquidity in the Trade Portfolio
- Coordinate oversight of the overall operations process to ensure proper execution and minimize operational issues and inefficiencies
- Responsibility as one of the members and contributors as the first line of defense from an operational and credit risk management perspective
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Coordinate with legal and risk to update and incorporate changes to Program legal documentation for Client Agreements, Agency and as applicable investors agreements. (i.e. Distribution Finance Program Loan Documents, First Loss Amendments, True Sale Loan Sale Agreements, Collateral Agreements, Perfection and Cash Dominion clauses and processes, Credit Insurance and Protection Agreements, Recourse Level conditions, Export Credit Agency Agreements, Master Participation Agreements, BAFT, Master Trust Agreements, Equitable Assignment, Transfer Certificates, LMA standard documentation, Non-disclosure Agreements etc.)
- Execute against the Global Product Programs and the Local Country Addenda in country where these structured and complex Trade transactions are occurring
- The role is a Revenue generating role responsible for structuring, execution and on-going client management of Trade deals across SSA.
- It is critically required to support the future growth in revenues and development of solutions to clients needs. This will support the significant growth plans that SSA Trade has built into the Strategy plan.
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s / University Degree, Master’s degree preferred
- 6-10 years of experience
- Credit Risk and Trade Product experience
- Credit Risk Structuring or Credit Risk Management Experience
- Tertiary level education required
- Excellent structuring and deal execution skills, including leading cross-functional teams (e.g., Ops, Implementation, etc.)
- Ability to develop creative and innovative solutions
- Able to take a concept through to execution
- Proven ability to build and develop relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including with clients
- Ability to lead initiatives and the team across the region and with different stakeholders
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply