Production Engineer at Vitafoam Nigeria Plc
How to Apply
Vitafoam Nigeria PLC is Nigeria’s leading manufacturer of flexible, reconstituted and rigid foam products. It has the largest foam manufacturing and distribution network which facilitates just-in-time delivery of its products throughout Nigeria. Incorporated on 4th August, 1962 and listed on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 1978. Vitafoam’s successful brands remain household names in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Engineer
Job type: Full-time
About the Job
- We are looking for an experienced and effective Production Manager to organize and oversee the manufacturing of our products.
- The ideal candidate will ultimately be responsible for the smooth running of the factory facility, all production lines, people and the quality of output.
- We expect you to have deep know-how in production procedures with a proven ability to direct personnel towards maximum performance.
- Liaise with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements
- Estimate costs and prepare budgets
- Organize workflow to meet specifications, production targets, customers’ orders and deadlines
- Monitor production to resolve issues.
- Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel (production supervisors, quality inspectors, workers, etc.)
- Diagnosing problems in the production line and providing recommendations and training.
- Keeping abreast of advancements in engineering and production, and sharing knowledge with co-workers.
- Drawing up production schedules and budgets for projects.
- Scheduling meetings with relevant departments and stakeholders.
- Analyzing all facets of production and making recommendations for improvement.
- Obtaining any materials and equipment required.
- Determine number of necessary resources (workforce, raw materials etc.)
- Ensure adequate maintenance work, and make a significant input in the purchasing of equipment etc.
- Ensure output meets quality standards
- Enforce health and safety precautions
- Liaising with other engineers to develop plans that improve production, costs, and labor required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Production Engineering or a related Engineering field
- A Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree will be an advantage.
- Manufacturing experience is important
- Proven experience as production engineer
- Deep knowledge of production management
- Outstanding communication ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach.
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP software
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply