Network Administrator at uLesson Education Limited
uLesson is a venture-backed education technology business whose mission is to enable African learners to reach their maximum potential by making high-quality digital education services widely accessible. Our app hosts thousands of educational video tutorials that combine quality lessons delivered by expertsin education, with digital animations and illustrations to explain key concepts; thereby, providing studentswith a learning experience that is unprecedented in its richness, scope, interactivity, and effectiveness.
We currently provide students between the grades of 1 and 12 with access to high-quality, curriculum-relevant, animated video lessons. At the moment, our uLesson App has been downloaded over 2 million times and we’ve been featured by credible media houses like CNN, Venturebum, Techcrunch, Quartz and Business insider. Our product is aimed at delivering better learning outcomes for students across Africa, as well as improving their performance in national and international examinations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Administrator
- We’re looking for a Network Administrator who will be responsible for the stable operation of our computer network. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimising all network hardware, software, and communication links.
- In addition, will support cybersecurity protection for the Company’s computer network and information systems. This will include designing, developing, and maintaining computer security systems and measures.
- You will also monitor the company’s networks for any unusual activity, identify intrusion breaches, and brief staff and management on necessary computer security measures.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, organise, modify, and support computer systems, including operating systems, business applications, security tools, email systems, and user hardware (i.e. laptops, PCs).
- Resolve system failures and troubleshoot issues.
- Upgrade and manage hardware and software.
- Research upcoming products, service protocols, and standards in support of systems
- software procurement and development efforts.
- Install and configure local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), and network segments and servers, such as file servers.
- Provide technical support and training to staff.
- Monitor computer networks and systems for threats and security breaches
- Install, alter, and update security software and firewalls
- Test systems for potential vulnerabilities
- Develop systems and processes for security best practices throughout the company
- Prepare reports on security incidents and changing responses
- Ensure uninterrupted internet connection, manage email servers and file servers for saving and managing data.
- Assist with system performance and report generation.
- Manage user accounts, credentials, permissions, access rights, storage allocations, and active directory administration.
- Assist with process improvements and modifications.
- Ensure high-level security and efficiency resulting in 100% output.
- Maintain internal documentation using google sheet
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum of B.Sc in Computer Science or other related subjects.
- Good knowledge of Computer software and hardware.
- Good knowledge of Cisco switches and routers.
N250,000 – N350,000 monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using “Network Administrator” as the subject of the mail