Learning and Development Executive at Big Cabal Media (BCM)
Big Cabal Media (BCM) is a Nigerian digital media company creating super-engaging content that African youth audiences love. We lead the most engaging conversations around culture, innovation, entrepreneurship, entertainment and all the things that matter to the youth today. For brands that want to connect deeply with Africa’s young and growing digital audience, Big Cabal puts you in the conversation with a fresh and authentic voice. Our brands include TechCabal, Zikoko & Radar.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Learning and Development Executive
About the Role
- This role will primarily report to the Head of Talent. As a Learning and Development Executive, your primary responsibility will be to build a dynamic function that supports BCM’s goal of becoming a learning organization.
- This is a high-performing job requiring collaboration with teams across the business to manage and deliver appropriate learning interventions.
- The ability to be innovative and creative in delivering learning solutions is essential. You will be managing an intergenerational audience.
- Conduct organizational needs analysis and create training plans to ensure identified competency gaps required to succeed in each role are bridged through customized programmes.
- Designs, implements and tracks annual training plan; coordinate and monitor training delivery; conduct post-training evaluation assessment to ensure training, scalability and effectiveness including on-the-job learning impact assessments
- Support the team to develop and implement a world-class onboarding program to integrate new employees.
- Manage employee development plans, ensuring every role has a clear growth path.
- Coordinate vendor management through sourcing, selection and periodic assessments.
- Support the team on other important projects and assignments.
- Coordinate and drive performance management, talent reviews(30-60-90 days), succession planning, and internal mobility program.
- Produce regular metrics-driven reports with useful insights on learning and development activities within BCM.
The right person for this role will have:
- 3 to 4 years of proven experience planning and executing learning and development initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Great relationship-building and maintenance skills.
- The ideal candidate should have considerable experience working with a vibrant team in a fast-paced environment.
- The role requires an entrepreneurial mindset with an innovative approach. You must be a self-starter and a team player.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- A desire to work in a rapidly growing and evolving start-up with an informal but driven culture.
- Great project management and delivery skills.
Working at Big Cabal Media:
- You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging, fun and has an impact.
- We typically try to arrange work between 9 am and 6 pm WAT and encourage you to have a good work-life balance, but expect people to be flexible when required. What we do insists on our quality and results.
- Our people get things done fast and well.
Compensation and Perks
- Industry competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to cool events and travel
- 20 days annual leave
- Statutory pension contribution
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted