Laboratory Scientist at Global Initiative for Health and Rights
Global Initiative for Health and Right is a Non governmental Ogarnisation, which emerged out of the direct need to comprhensivly and sustainably address the rising prevalence rate of new HIV infection amongst youths within the Niger Delta and other parts of Nigeria. The organisation with its head office in Rivers state is registered with both cooperate affairs commision and the state ministry of health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Scientist
Needle and Syringe Programs’ (NSP) primary goal is to improve the health of People Who Inject Drugs (PWIDs), so it is essential to deliberately seek the involvement of active PWIDs. Active PWIDs have insight into current cultural norms, practices, and needs among people who use drugs, and may be able to gain trust more easily from participants; their involvement will reinforce the program’s respect for active PWIDs. Needle and Syringe Exchange program (NSEP) can serve a number of purposes. GIHR will initiate her NSEP programs:
- Tapping into existing social networks to reach PWIDs in areas where people are not currently accessing NSEP services. This program will use peers to bridge the gap between participants and NSEP services.
- GIHR is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the diversity of our community. This will help ensure our employees, our program participants, feel supported. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply.
- Provides routine and basic laboratory services for PWIDs attending the community center as required.
- Supports laboratory services provision, ensures standard, and current practices are in place for maintaining high quality laboratory services including calibration, standardization, and maintenance of automated or semi-automated instruments following established procedures.
- Validates and reports, results of assays performed, delivers patients reports according to times indicated in policy and collection manual and ensuring strict adherence to safety procedures.
- Participates in inventory control management for laboratory supplies and reagents under GIHR
- Ensures the compilation of monthly laboratory inventory at the communityCenter.
- Participate in EQA and proficiency testing activities
- Support in ensuring compliance and implementation of laboratory protocols for all lab technicians and assistance involved with the lab function, including maximizing the use of available resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate
- First Degree in Laboratory Science
- Experience with handling fully or semi-automated machines is a must.
- Must be able to travel within the State.
- Sensitive to ethics and confidentiality of HIV/AIDS client issues.
- Possess current knowledge of best practices in HIV/AIDS laboratory management,
- Ability to prepare reports.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in computer operations.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a similar position.
- Must poses a valid license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Leter to: glob[email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 16th October, 2022.