HSE Supervisor at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
How to Apply
Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Supervisor
Job Type: Contract
- To monitor the implementation of the approved Contractor and sub-contractor project HSE plan and referenced procedures including bridging documents
- Participate in Risk Assessment and SERVICE Safety Analysis studies dedicated to construction operations in hands and ensure they comply with related General Specifications and Guide manuals.
- Monitoring and reporting the Health, Safety and Environmental performance of the Contractor and its sub-contractors on site.
- To focus on the early identification of potential problems and to propose appropriate solutions to HSE Superintendent.
- To attend regular meetings with contractors’ HSE representatives to discuss and agree on HSE concerns and potential hazards.
- To be proactive in promoting HSE awareness at all levels within the project team and contractor personnel.
- To monitor the implementation of control measures identified during risk analyses while carry out the construction activity.
- To assist in the investigation of accidents and incidents to determine their underlying causes, report anomalies and check corrective actions.
- Undertake site HSE audits & inspections, and ensure corrective action recommendations are conclusively closed-out.
- Ensure Hazard identification/reporting, accident reporting and investigation are continuously undertaken
- Participate in the site emergency preparedness and follow-up the improvement measures undertaken after the regular exercise.
- Take part in the preparation and attend the meetings of the site HSE committees
- To monitor the implementation of actions arising from incident, accident, audit and inspection analyses
- To check first aid materials and equipment are available on the sites
- To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be assigned by his hierarchical superiors.
- Bachelors Degree (B.Sc) or equivalent in any Engineering or Physical Science, and formal training in HSE with recognized qualification or certification.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the Oil and Gas production projects, with minimum of 3 years of similar HSE responsibilities.
- Fluent in English language and ability to communicate well at all levels within the Company.
- In addition, the candidate must possess very good planning, presentation, negotiations and organizational skills.
- Ability to work on rotation bases.
- Knowledge of risk assessment techniques and experience at organising HAZOPS, HAZIDS, HAZAN and other reviews.
- Administrative skills including proficiency in typical office applications (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply