Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer at Search for Common Ground (SFCG)
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time – Local
Department: Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- The Design, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer: The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer will provide support and advice on the design, development, and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system within the project and the organization.
- The MEL officer will provide oversight on program-level monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- S/he gathers, analyzes, and processes complex information related to all aspects of program activity implementation.
- The incumbent carries out his/her work according to an established standard operating procedure for collecting data, monitoring project progress, measuring program inputs/outputs, and evaluating progress and changes as the project is being implemented
- S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Design, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (DMEL) Manager and will work closely with the programs, DMEL team, and other project team members.
Roles and Responsibilities
Result and Routine Monitoring:
- Conduct site visits during the project implementation phase in assigned areas.
- Undertake comprehensive analysis of projects based on the history of site visits; present findings to DMEL Manager in a concise and professional manner.
- Conduct DQA and Produce a “routine monitoring report” (RMR) according to an approved template for each site visit prior to the indicator verification visit.
- Share observations from monitoring visits with the DMEL Manager and program team when findings demonstrate questionable actions.
- In concert with the DMEL Manager, develop Monitoring and Evaluation plans for field-level projects.
Research, Data Analysis, and Reporting:
- Assist in research and data analysis.
- Analyze project-specific and country IPTT from all the regions and action plans.
- Implementing SFCG M&E standards around project planning meetings, baseline studies, listenership surveys, data collection processes, monitoring missions, and evaluations in the six geo-political zones in Nigeria.
- Support follow-up, tracking, and reporting on project-level evaluation recommendations and the updating of lessons log, including collation, analysis, and reporting on organizational learning
- Populate the KM database on a monthly basis with findings from different DMEL activities.
- Support quality, conflict-sensitive, innovative, and effective DMEL process in the six geo-political zones in Nigeria.
DQA and Learning:
- Identify lessons learned, constraints, and project impacts based on the determined theme and/or sector for inclusion in Quarterly Reports.
- Maintain and organize an electronic and paper record as MoV while providing minute taking and summary record duties as required
- Work with DMEL Manager to coordinate quarterly reflection and learning sessions with Search Staff in the State offices.
- Represent the program positively and professionally in both internal and external environments.
- Coordinate weekly with the DMEL Manager to determine priority tasks. Ensure the state team is aware of and up to date on all DMEL tasks and reports.
- Participate in professional training and development activities, as necessary.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the programs and Media & Communications teams when developing impact assessments, success stories, newsletters, and weekly reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Research Methodologies, Social Sciences, related disciplines or a related area.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in design, monitoring, and evaluation methodologies, of which at least one year of experience in the peacebuilding M&E;
- Proven experience in using qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis tools;
- Knowledge of participatory methods, mixed methods, outcome mapping, and/or impact evaluation techniques
Other Relevant Requirements:
- A collaborative working style that enables coaching and training in M&E principles and best-practices
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate evaluations, including experience developing evaluation terms of reference and recruiting and managing consultants;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace; and
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Extensive knowledge and application of proposal design principles;
- Knowledge of data software such as STATA, and SPSS;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th September, 2022.
- This position is only open to Nigerian nationals..
- Interested candidates should send the following to our Career Portal.
- Current resume
- Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation and projected start date)
- Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities