Human Resource Assistant at Save the Slum Initiative
Save the Slum Initiative is a non-governmental organization with registration CAC/IT/NO 139240, STSI was founded in 2016 and is committed to responding to current needs to improve the life of people living in slums and local communities across Nigeria. STSI envisions improving the living standards of vulnerable persons and communities and our overall aim is to work with urban poor to bring about long-term and sustainable transformation to their quality of life and to also provide better community-based healthcare and empowerment education and environmental improvement to all communities that will serve. We intervene in various sectors like WASH, Education, Protection, Nutrition, Health, and Livelihood of humanitarian sectors and community development projects. Since its inception in 2016, STSI have implemented in over 10 States in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Volunteer
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
- The HR Assistant will assist the HR Officer to recruit, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures.
- S/he will also be responsible for administrative tasks and contribute to making the organization a better place to work.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Provide counseling on policies and procedures
- Assist in performance management processes
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Maintain employee records (attendance, EEO data etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process
- Create and implement effective on boarding plans
- Develop training and development programs
- BSc/BA, HND in Business Administration, Social Studies or relevant field; further training will be a plus
- HR Credentials (e.g. PHR from the HR Certification Institute)
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability.
- Proven experience as HR officer, administrator or other HR positions
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline Friday; 14th October, 2022.
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to STSI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Save The Slum Initiative (STSI) provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview