Finance Manager at the Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award (ICHSSA)
The Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award ICHSSA 1 is a newly awarded five-year agreement by USAID, commenced on December 19, 2019. ICHSSA 1 is implemented by Center for Clinical Care and Research Nigeria.
The project will ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV. The project expected results is highlighted as follows: Households have increased access to basic services and care for OVC; Communities ensure that OVC secure their rights; Local and State Government deliver basic services, detect and respond to child rights violations; Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC subpopulations delivered
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Akwa Ibom
Project: ICHSSA Lot 1
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Director of Finance
- The Finance manager is responsible for coordinating all financial activity operations, including but not limited to disbursement of approved funds to project sub-awardees, proper filling of all operational cost with requisite supporting documentation and other project accounting/finance responsibility.
- The Finance manager will ensure all project staff conform to organizational policies as related to the financial transactions.
- S/he will ensure internal control measures; coordinate internal audits; and coordinate external financial audits as required. Under the supervision of the DoF,S/he will track operational expenses and will prepare monthly financial reports for review by the DoF.
- The Finance manager will support the development and management of program budgets, with an in-depth knowledge of USG Cost Accounting Standards
- The Finance Manager will have the primary responsibility for the financial management of the project. S/He will report to the Director of Finance. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process, administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Other duties assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: This position has supervisory role
- Internal: State Program Manager, CSO Partners
- External: Bankers, Auditors and Relevant Tax Authorities
Agency Wide Competences (for all CCCRN staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CCCRN and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. CCCRN core values are; Excellence, Knowledge, Professionalism, Accountability, Diversity and Collaboration.
Qualification and Skills
This position is suitable for a trained accountant with the following:
- A Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or another relevant field.
- At least 10 years of experience in the development sector, at least 5 years as a management position of a USG funded organization
- In-depth knowledge of USG grant rules and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Candidate should click on the link below to fill and complete the application form and submit their CV / Resume and cover letter
Application Deadline 30th September, 2022.