Communication Assistant at Save the Slum Initiative
Save the Slum Initiative is a non-governmental organization with registration CAC/IT/NO 139240, STSI was founded in 2016 and is committed to responding to current needs to improve the life of people living in slums and local communities across Nigeria. STSI envisions improving the living standards of vulnerable persons and communities and our overall aim is to work with urban poor to bring about long-term and sustainable transformation to their quality of life and to also provide better community-based healthcare and empowerment education and environmental improvement to all communities that will serve. We intervene in various sectors like WASH, Education, Protection, Nutrition, Health, and Livelihood of humanitarian sectors and community development projects. Since its inception in 2016, STSI have implemented in over 10 States in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Volunteer
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifying and effectively communicating project success by developing success stories, case studies and production of short video/documentaries.
- Create and manage social media contents on platforms and blogs.
- Coordinate Outreach and events with experience in developing press release, media coverage, press fact sheets, developing scene setters, liaise and manage print, radio and TV media relation journalists.
- Website design, update, management and database designs.
- Coordinate staff meetings, prepare agendas and takes minutes of meetings as required.
- Engage with mainstream media (Electronic and Print) to increase STSI’s visibility and promote project impact.
- Edit technical and scientific documents and articles (proofreading, copying, designing, line editing and substantive editing).
- Desktop design/publishing and layout of technical documents in compliance with donor branding and marking requirements.
Qualifications / Requirements
- A Graduate with Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma or its equivalent, in English, Linguistics, Mass Communication, Journalism, or any Social Science related fields.
- Additional certifications on communication or its equivalent will be added advantage.
- 1 to 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Extremely strong computer skills, with knowledge of relevant publishing software such as but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Ms. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Short video Editing (Adobe After Effect, Adobe Premier Pro/Video Pad)
- Website development and basic database designs.
- Extremely strong in written and oral English language with research writing skills, emphasis on creative approaches, attention to detail and efficient delivery methods.
- Desktop Publishing (Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, PDF, illustrator, InDesign – CorelDraw.
- Experience in Media Production, Social media content development (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram),
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline Friday; 14th October, 2022.
- All applications must include the Position Title, Location in the subject line.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails / mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
- STSI has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to STSI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Save The Slum Initiative (STSI) provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview