Senior Internal Auditor (PAP) at the African Union (AU)
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor (PAP)
Requisition ID: 1461
Location: Midrand, South Africa
Contract Type: Regular
Reports to: Committee on Audit and Public Accounts of the PAP and the President of the PAP
Directorate/Department : Bureau of the PAP
Division: Internal Audit Unit
Number of Direct Reports: 1
Number of Indirect Reports: 1
Job Grade: P3
Purpose of Job
- To Provide technical support in auditing PAP activities designed to add value and improve operations and the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Coordinates all the work in the OIA.
- Supervises the Internal Auditor.
- iTransmits and explains management policies and organizational objectives of the PAP to all staff members of the OIA.
- Participates in staff recruitment both for the OIA and other Units.
- Attends Management and Bureau meetings and provides advice where required.
- Presents reports to the PAP Management and the Committee on Audit and Public Accounts.
- Sets objectives of the OIA Unit.
- Determines and recommends staff requirements and their job specification where necessary.
- Reviews and presents Annual and 3-year work plan of the OIA to Management and the CAPA.
- Prepares, reviews and manages the Audit programmes for all audits, investigations and other consulting services.
- Reviews from time to time the Risk Management System of the PAP and advises on the status of the risk register and risk management process.
- Performs and supervises investigations matters where necessary.
- Performs consulting services when required by the PAP Management.
- Coordinates and directs Performance audit assignments
- Evaluates staff under him.
- Attends CAPA meetings and provides it with assurance services and technical support.
- Performs audit jobs.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by the Management and Bureau of the PAP.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Master’s Degree in Finance Management, Accounting, Business Administration, with 7 years progressive experience in Auditing or any related field. Two (2) of which must have been obtained at supervisory level.
- Certificate in CIA ACCA, CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA or other related certification is an added advantage
- Experience in working on ERP-SAP
- Bachelor’s Degree in in Finance Management, Accounting, Business Administration, with 10 years progressive experience in Auditing or any related field. Two of which must have been obtained at supervisory level
- Certificate in CIA, ACCA, CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA or other related certification is an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office, Knowledge of SAP ERP desired.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Report writing skills
- Communication and negotiating skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Strategic Perspective
- Developing Others
- Change Management
- Managing Risk
- Foster Accountability Culture
- Communicating with impact
- Learning Orientation
- Change Management
- Drive for Results
- Conceptual Thinking
- Job Knowledge Sharing
- Fosters Innovation
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period.
- Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- Indicative basic salary of US$ 37,453.00 (P3 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th October, 2022.
- Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
- The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Gender Mainstreaming: The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply