Secretary (PAP) at the African Union (AU)
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
Job Title: Secretary (PAP)
Requisition ID: 1432
Location: Midrand, South Africa
Reports to: Human Resources Officer
Directorate/Department: Finance, Administration & Human Resources
Division: Administration & Human Resources
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: GSA4
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of Job
- To provide secretarial and general administrative support services.
- Arranges appointments and maintains calendar of activities for the supervisor.
- Prepares meetings both internal and external as assigned.
- Filing of all correspondence.
- Placing shorthand, dictation and typing transcription verbatim and editing correspondence, documents and reports.
- Receives official guests and visitors.
- Types, proof-reads, saves, classifies and dispatches documents, letters, memos,
- reports, faxes, emails.
- Drafts responses to correspondence.
- Takes minutes and notes during meetings as assigned.
- Provides secretarial and administration support during Pan-African Parliament’s statutory meetings by preparing invitation letters and contracts for support staff.
- Maintains the diary of the activities of the supervisor.
- Creates purchase requisitions for travel, stores requisitions and other services for the Division/Unit assigned.
- Maintains the Division/Unit retrievable filing system for all incoming and outgoing correspondences.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Management, Administration with three (3) years secretarial experience in a busy office or a Bachelor’s Degree in the above fields with two (2) years relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge of modern office procedures.
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience of computer programs at the user level i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, etc
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Risk Awareness and Compliance
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Accountability awareness and Compliance
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating Clearly
- Trouble shooting
- Job Knowledge Sharing;
- Task Focused;
- Continuous Improvement Awareness
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 12,834.00 (GSA4 Step 1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 16,813.44 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th October, 2022.
- Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
- The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply