Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Adaptive Learning (MEAL) Manager
About the Role
- We are seeks a highly motivated and dynamic Monitoring, Evaluation, and Adaptive Learning (MEAL) Manager to play a key role on Frontier Health Markets Engage (FHM Engage). Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting firm operating in over 80 countries, starting up the USAID-funded Frontier Health Markets Engage project in Nigeria.
- FHM Engage is a global cooperative agreement to provide technical assistance supporting local actors to improve the ability of health markets to meet supply-side capacity gaps and consumer preferences, contributing to equitable provision of and access to high-quality family planning and other health services and products in mixed health systems. Led by Chemonics, R4D as co-technical lead, alongside Pathfinder International and Zenysis Technologies, FHM Engage will work through 16 local, regional, and specialized network implementation partners (NIPs) to deliver lasting results.
- Building on over 30 years of USAID investment, FHM Engage focuses on strengthening local health markets by addressing the root causes of market failures in the core market functions to create the necessary behavior change that catalyzes supply and demand and supports sustainable change. In Nigeria, FHM Engage aims to increase private sector contributions to achieving national objectives related to voluntary family planning, maternal, newborn, child health, and adolescent, tuberculosis, HIV/AIDs, malaria, and/or other infectious diseases.
- As the MEAL Manager on FHM Engage, you will provide in-country adaptive learning technical leadership, support data collection and reporting for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities, and program management on activities in Nigeria. As part of this work, you will work closely with local and global stakeholders to achieve the program’s objectives.
- A successful MEAL Manager will be highly motivated and a creative problem solver; have strong analytical, communication, and collaboration skills; and have a commitment to excellence and producing results. We are a team that is resourceful, responsible, tenacious, high-energy, and always has a positive attitude. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Work closely with Nigeria-based team as well as colleagues based in the US and UK
- Effectively manage relationships with partners in Nigeria, ranging from USAID to implementers to government and community actors, in coordination with the FHM Engage Consortium partners
- Represent Chemonics Home team and our FHM Engage Nigeria project office, while working in close partnership with others in the organization and across the FHM Engage Consortium
- Support design and implementation of various data collection processes, such as systems mapping and lean testing as well as routine monitoring and program evaluation activities
- Support the implementation of in-country workshops and lead discussions around the project’s theory of change
- Lead desk review and analysis for various adaptive learning activities in-country
- This position is based in Abuja and reports to FHM Engage Nigeria Chief of Party
- Master’s Degree and at least seven years of relevant experience
- Experience leading or supporting data collection processes required
- Strong understanding of monitoring, evaluation, and adaptive learning and ability to effectively communicate the purpose and work to a diverse set of stakeholders required
- High level of organization, attention to detail, professionalism, and reliability
- Ability to prioritize and manage work in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects and work streams with competing time/resource demands
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Written and verbal fluency in English required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Knowledge of and previous experience working with USAID is preferred
- Knowledge of and previous experience working in the health sector is preferred
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complicated and detailed data to team leads and project stakeholders
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using “Monitoring, Evaluation, and Adaptive Learning (MEAL) Manager” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 17th October, 2022.
- No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
- Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/