Finance and Administrative Assistant at FHI 360
Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Requisition ID: 2022201889
Location: Gamboru Ngala, Borno
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Field Coordinator
- Under the direction of the Field Coordinator, the Finance and Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the provision of accounting, administrative, and logistical support services to the state office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly financial report forms which accompany executed sub project documents.
- Prepare monthly reporting/ budgets, petty cash reports, data entry into excel spreadsheets and automated MIS reports and disseminate information to country office.
- Serves as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
- Coordinates all administrative and secretarial support services for the field office office (as relevant).
- Records minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst the staff of the state.
- Assists with production of presentation materials for staff members.
- Receives/sends correspondence, keeps fax log and any correspondence.
- Perform office equipment tasks such as making needed arrangement for services for telephone and e-mail, obtaining quotations for required services, arranging for repairs of office equipment.
- Assists the Field Coordinator in arranging travel logistics for field office staff, consultants and training participants including reservations and where required, arranging airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Handles all photocopying assignments, development and printing of photographs including for the field office.
- Assists the field coordinator in the provision of logistic support for workshops and trainings.
- Assists the field coordinator in the maintenance of an efficient records/storage of all office supplies.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience. Or MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 1 – 3 years relevant experience.
- Familiarity with USAID-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria is an advantage.
- CPA, ACA, ICAN or recognized equivalent is an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Well-developed computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Typing skills.
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Knowledge of petty cash management budget preparation and monitoring.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
- This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
- FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws