Assistant Clerk (PAP) at African Union (AU)
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Clerk (PAP)
Requisition ID: 1434
Location: Midrand, South Africa
Contract Type: Regular
Reports to: Senior Assistant Clerk
Number of Direct Reports: 1
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P1
Purpose of Job
- To provide technical and administrative services to facilitate the orderly and efficient operation of the Parliament’s sittings.
- Supports of the Chamber as Table officer.
- Collects reliable information for the verification of credentials of the Members of Parliament.
- Facilitates the arrangement of different types of meetings, such as the staturory and non-statutory ones.
- Prepares and disseminates agendas of meetings as well as order paper’s and procedural guides.
- Records the minutes of the meetings.
- Prepares and submits periodic reports on activities of the Unit or specific missions.
- Assists in producing Votes and Procedures, and compilation of legislative report during the Plenary sittings
- Supports the electoral process of the Parliament
- Assists in the planning of PAP’s meetings and parliamentary sessions.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Keeps the membership data of the Parliament up to date.
- Compiles attendance sheets of MPs and registration of speakers lists for debates.
- Supports preparation of the Division budget and work plan.
- Prepares periodic reports.
- Prepares orientation meeting for the administration of Oath for the new Members.
- Ensures circulation of documents in the Chamber
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Social Sciences, or related field with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in serving committees and work in parliamentary documentation and research.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development.
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to negotiate diplomatically.
- Change Management.
- Managing Risk
- Building Relationships
- Foster Accountability Culture
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with Influence
- Conceptual thinking
- Job Knowledge Sharing
- Drive for Results
- Continuous Improvement Orientation
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period.
- Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- Indicative basic salary of US$ 25,523.00 (P1 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th October, 2022.
- Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
- The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Gender Mainstreaming: The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply