10 Things To Know About Millionaire Kidnapper, ‘John Lyon’ Arrested In Abuja
Following the arrest of notorious kidnap kingpin, John Lyon, popularly known as ‘Lion’, a Nigerian journalist, Godfery Chikwere has released details of the suspect.
Omadaily had earlier reported that Lyon was arrested in Abuja by the Federal Capital Territory Police Command.
The suspect, who was traced and arrested in Abuja, is reportedly among the kidnap gangs terrorising Bayelsa State and its environs.
In a viral video, Lion confessed that he has only participated in the abduction of two people, adding that he was not the ring leader of the crime syndicate.
The kidnap suspect pleaded for forgiveness from security operatives, saying his wife just delivered a baby.
Below is the summarised profile of ‘Lion’:
1. Real name: Ikechukwu John.
2. John Lyon is from Bayelsa State.
3. Date of birth, 22 December 1986.
4. He was a former staff of Sterling bank.
5. He uses the name Lyon interior hub as a cover-up for his many kidnapping activities.
6. He spends lavishly in clubs.
7. He claims to be a graduate of the University of Calabar.
8. He was recently involved in the kidnap of one Danjuma, a bank staff where he and his men successfully demanded over N50 Million and have confessed to having committed the crime.
9. Over N70Million was reportedly found in his bank account.
10. The kidnapper is a popular big boy in Abuja and a motivational speaker.